Products & Services
The Lifecycle of a Tenancy (TM)
My Search MRU
Missing Pages or Content?

ALERT - Users have reported being automatically logged out of the MRU web site, when using IE for site access.  MRU recommends using Firefox, Chrome or another browser when LOGGING into the site.  We are working on this problem and will post updates here.  We aplogize for any inconvenience this causes to our site visitors.

You are not logged in and so you are missing many of our essential content pages.  Member Only pages are not visable unless you are logged in.  So  please log in to access our Member Only content, or if you are not yet registered, please register for membership.  It’s fast, free and easy.  No credit card is required. 

MRU During the Tenancy Discussion Forum > Noise Problems

I live in a 6 unit apartment building in a large city. There is street noise, but the real problem is my neighbor. The person living below me is loud in every way. What can I do? What should I ask my landlord to do?

November 29, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterSensitive to Noise

Inform your Landlord right away. They cannot enforce noise rules without your help. The Landlord will issue warning letters until the problem has stopped or eviction is neccessary. Most of the time tenants will quiet down once warned.

December 27, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterNaomi

You have to inform your landlord about the problem.Because you directly can not enforce your neighbor for the noise.Your landlord has the authority to enforce him by issuing a warning letter.

May 14, 2011 | Registered CommenterPaul Toller